YOUR REMOTE ACCESS
JUST GOT BETTER
Log in using your UP Mail account
How to access via Google Apps?
1. Log into your UP Mail at https://mail.up.edu.ph.
2. In the upper right, click the App Launcher , scroll down, and click OpenAthens.
Note: If you have multiple Google accounts logged into your browser, choose your UP Mail account when prompted.
3. Click “Login to MyAthens”.
4. Choose the desired database.
How to access via MyAthens?
1. Click the “Login via MyAthens” button above or go to https://my.openathens.net/
2. Under “Find your institution”, search for “University of the Philippines Diliman” or just “Diliman”.
3. Click “UP Webmail”.
4. Log into your UP Mail account.
5. Choose the desired database.
In rare cases (less than 1%) the OpenAthens icon may not appear in the Google apps for UP Mail, nor is it available when you sign in using UP Webmail via MyAthens.
We can manually create a temporary OpenAthens account. Send in your request via email to the Reference Librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- UP Mail (@up.edu.ph) or UPD Webmail (@upd.edu.ph) address
- If you do not have UP Mail or UPD Webmail, please obtain a UP Mail account from the UP ITDC.
Upon verification an activation email will arrive in the indicated inbox. This temporary account will expire at the end of the School Year on 31 December 2021.