— SERVICE ADVISORY
Following the reduction of physically reporting staff under the Updated UP Diliman Post-ECQ Guidelines, our scanning and microfilm services are operating in very limited capacity.
– Please expect delays in processing hard copy documents.
– Accommodation of requests from non-UP users and UP alumni are put on-hold until further notice.
For more information about the changes to library service during quarantine, please visit the New Normal page.
RESOURCE ON DEMAND (ROD) is a fee-based service for UP and non-UP library users. The ROD service processes articles and book chapter requests from the journals, books, e-resources and other materials available only in UP Diliman Libraries. These documents are scanned and can be picked up in person or sent electronically via email.
Requests may be sent to the Information Services and Instruction Section (ISaIS) through email at email@example.com with the specific information regarding the material being requested. This includes the title of the article/chapter, the journal/book where it appeared, place and date of publication, page numbers to be requested, and other pertinent details. The Reference Librarian will search TUKLAS discovery service, find the article or book chapter and deliver it via email or courier.
Requests from students from other schools, private and government researchers shall be made through their office’s or school’s Head Librarian.
Matrix of ROD services offered to UP students, faculty, and staff:
|Material / Type requested||Fees||Transaction limit||Turnaround time|
|Article from subscribed e-resources||Free||5 articles per day per user||Next working day|
|Whole ebook from subscribed e-resources||Free||1 book per day per user||Next working day|
|E-copy of an article from a periodical or journal in the physical collection||Free||5 articles per day per user||5 working days|
|E-copy of selected pages or chapters from a book in the physical collection||Free||Only 1 active request per user|
Preliminary pages (e.g. title page, TOC) provided for free
For copyrighted materials, no more than 10% of the total pages per book (excl. prelim. pp.) per user
|5 working days|
|E-copy of an article in a microfilm in the Multimedia collection||First 10 pages free|
For succeeding pages, PhP 4.00 per page
|5 articles per day per user||10 working days|
For requests by UP alumni and non-UP users, an additional PhP 50.00 research fee will be applied.
For requests of full texts of Public domain and Out of print books, please inquire via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This transaction will only provide you a soft copy of the document which we can send as a link to your email. This link will expire at the end of term.
For hard copy, a separate charge for Printing applies. (ref: Fees and Fines, Print-outs and Microfilm Conversion).
Note: Before you make any payments, a proforma invoice will be sent to you for the assessment of service fee. Moreover, your payment options are as follows:
- Online Payment Transaction – https://bit.ly/OnlineBankTransfer
- Direct Bank Payment – https://bit.ly/DirectBankPayment
- Payment using Landbank Linkbiz – https://bit.ly/StepsforPaymentthruLinkbiz
Bank details are as follows:
UPD Landbank Account
Account Name: UPD Revolving Fund
Account Number: 3072-1006-96
Branch: UP Diliman Ext. Office
- For international payments: Wire transfer. The remittance should be the total amount to be paid, less the charges. The UP Diliman account is in Philippine peso.
- Beneficiary’s name – UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES DILIMAN
- Beneficiary’s bank code or SWIFT code – TLBPPHMM
- Beneficiary’s address – UPD Cash Office, PNB Bldg., G. Apacible St. corner P. Valenzuela St., UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines