Want to visit UP Diliman University Library but you are an alumni or outsider? We have been receiving lots of queries from people just like you. Here are some information to get you started.
Please Consider the Following
- The University Library is composed of a Main Library at Gonzalez Hall and more than 40 college/unit libraries in campus. The core collections of a given topic of research or inquiry may be found in the library where the related degree program/course is offered.
- It is advised to go to the iLib Web OPAC to do a preliminary search of books, print journals, theses or other library resources. The call number and location of books should be noted to determine the library/ies to be visited.
- Service hours and scheduled days for visitors may vary across libraries within UP Diliman. Please check the service hours of the library to be visited at the following links:
- During the Midyear Term, the Library is open 8:00 AM-5:00 PM during weekdays only. The Library is closed for service to students and visitors during semester/term breaks.
Below are requirements for non-UP members to access the University Library.
Alumni, former faculty and staff may use the library upon presentation of a valid ID AND a UPAA Alumni Card or proof of former UP status. A special library card which will be issued to entitle them to free use of the library for five (5) visits per semester or summer, after which they will pay a research fee of Php 20.00/day or Php 450.00/year or Php 300.00/summer.
Government researchers may use the library upon presentation of a valid office ID and referral letter from the office’s Head Librarian. They will be issued a special library card which will entitle them to free use of the library for five(5) days per semester or summer, after which they will pay a research fee of Php 20.00/day; Php 450.00/semester; or Php 300.00/summer.
Private researchers and graduate students from other schools may use the library on Mondays only, upon presentation of a valid office or school ID and referral letter from the office’s or school’s head librarian. They will be issued a special library card upon payment of a research fee of Php 50.00/day; Php 450.00/semester; or Php 300.00/summer.
Undergraduate students (taking up any Bachelor’s degree) from non-UP colleges and universities are NOT allowed to use the collections and services at the UP Diliman Main Library. However, they may be accepted in selected unit libraries. To know more which unit libraries accept undergraduate students from other schools, visit this page.
High school students from non-UP schools may only use the following college/unit libraries, with certain conditions:
- College of Engineering Library – only accepts students from science high schools.
Accommodate users on Mondays and Saturdays, by appointment.
A referral addressed to Engglib’s Head Librarian is required. Also, a per-day research fee is charged depending on the user type.
- College of Science Library – only accepts students whose topic of research is science-related.
Accommodate users from Mondays to Saturdays, by appointment. For schedule at the satellite CS libraries, click here.
Visitors must present a letter from their school librarian and a student ID, and be accompanied by their Teachers during the visit.
Referral letters, letters of intent and other visitor-related correspondence may be sent to the University Librarian for approval:
Prof. Chito N. Angeles University Librarian The University Library Diliman University of the Philippines Diliman Gonzalez Hall Apacible St., Diliman, Quezon City 1101 Philippines
If you have further questions or would want to know more:
- Send us a message via Facebook Messenger
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (+632) 8-981-8500 local 2861
Further reading on visitor access policy: