Readers are required to fill up a photo-duplication slip before having any materials from the University Archives Division (UAD) duplicated. All materials from the UAD may not be taken out of the building.
The following materials can be duplicated only via the photocopying machine located within the University Library.
- Published Materials
- Personal Papers
- Maps and other cartographic materials
- Rare Books and Rare Serials
- Theses and Dissertations – only preliminary pages and bibliography can be duplicated.
Under exceptional circumstances, the UAD allows duplication of theses/dissertations, provided that the researcher secures a letter of consent (addressed to the University Librarian) from the authorof the thesis/dissertation that he/she wishes to be duplicated. Should the author be deceased, prevailing University Policy on Intellectual Property will apply.
Please note that the UAD may refuse the duplication of such materials if:
- It is detrimental to the physical condition of the book
- It violates the Intellectual Property Code of the University
- It violates the restrictions set by the donors
- Other reasons that the library deems
Publication and Citation
Researchers must obtain permission to publish copies of materials under copyright from the copyright owner. If the copyright owner is the University Library, a letter must be sent ot the University Librarian requesting permission to publish.
Researchers must properly cite and acknowledge the copyright owner in the published material; title of the collection, adn the following lines (whichever is applicable)
- [Title of material], [Name of Collection], University Archives Division, University Library, University of the Philippines Diliman”
E.g. Diary of Guillermo Tolentino, Guillermo Tolentino Papers, University Archives Division, University Library, University of the Philippines Diliman.
Revoking of Privileges
Researchers must handle all materials properly and follow all library rules and regulations.
Library Privileges of researchers caught violating any of the regulations will be revoked.