As of July 2017 the Main Library has deployed additional wi-fi hotspots courtesy of the UP Diliman Network Helpdesk (DilNet).
- DILNET-WIFI – DilNet account login required, research access point (can access electronic databases)
- WiFi@UPD – open access point (no access to electronic databases)
To connect to the library wi-fi, just select them from the list of wireless networks and follow the instructions that appear on your browser.
The legacy Wireless@Mainlib network is still online at the Main Library lobby and north wing (Engineering side). In case the DilNet wi-fi hotspots are loaded, here are the instructions for connecting to it.
For Windows OS:
- Connect to the Wireless@Mainlib network via the Network tray icon.
- Click the Search magnifying glass icon next to the Start button.
- Type in ‘configure proxy server’ without the quotes and click the result that appears.
- At the lower part of the window, click the LAN settings button.
- In the Proxy server section, fill up the following:
- Tick the checkbox for ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’
- In Address field, type in – proxy.upd.edu.ph
- In Port field, type in – 8080
- Click OK in the LAN settings window and OK in the Internet Properties window for the proxy settings to take effect
For Mac OS:
- Connect to the Wireless@Mainlib network via the Network menu bar icon.
- Open the System Preferences app and click the Network icon.
- Click the Advanced… button at the bottom and go to the Proxies header.
- In the protocols to configure, check and fill up the following:
- Web Proxy (HTTP) – proxy.upd.edu.ph, port 8080
- Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) – proxy.upd.edu.ph, port 8080
- FTP Proxy – proxy.upd.edu.ph, port 8080
- Socks Proxy – proxy.upd.edu.ph, port 8080
- Click OK to close the proxy settings window and then Apply in the Network window for the proxy settings to take effect
- Connect to the Wireless@Mainlib network, then tap and hold to Modify network.
- Tap the checkbox on Show advanced options
- Set the Proxy to Manual and fill up the following:
- Proxy hostname – proxy.upd.edu.ph
- Proxy port – 8080
- Tap Save for the proxy settings to take effect
For iOS devices:
- Connect to the Wireless@Mainlib network, then after it’s connected tap the network again in Wi-Fi settings to show its properties.
- Set the HTTP Proxy to Manual and fill up the following:
- Server – proxy.upd.edu.ph
- Port – 8080