Note for OpenAthens access: If you encounter Welcome back screen, click Continue without personalization.
Scopus, launched in November 2004, is the largest abstract and citation database containing both peer-reviewed research literature and quality web sources. With over 18,000 titles from more than 5,000 publishers, Scopus offers researchers a quick, easy and comprehensive resource to support their research needs in the scientific, technical, medical and social sciences fields and, more recently, also in the arts and humanities.
» Access: On campus within UP System, or Domain-based Access (see below)
To avail of the remote access to ScienceDirect (SD) and Scopus databases, please follow these steps:
If you do not have a SD or Scopus account yet, please register first.
- Go to the ScienceDirect website www.sciencedirect.com
- Click Register at the upper right corner.
- Enter your account information. For the email, you are required use an email address that ends with one of the following:
Once you have registered, you may proceed to enable remote access for your SD and Scopus account.
- Go the SD remote access page www.sciencedirect.com/science/activateaccess
- Enter the same UP Mail address you used for registration.
- Check your UP Mail inbox for a confirmation email with the subject ScienceDirect – Remote access request confirmation. Look into your Spam folder if you do not see the email.
After confirmation, whenever you visit to SD or Scopus you will now see a UP badge at the top of the screen (Brought to you by University of the Philippines). This indicates that you are using the UP Library remote access. You can now login to SD or Scopus from outside UP campus.